Who we are…
IMImobile is an award-winning provider of mobile data infrastructure and mobile engagement solutions that enable operators and enterprises to build deeper, more valuable relationships with their target audiences. The company has a client base of over 100 blue chip organisations worldwide across various markets. IMImobile's enterprise cloud communications software platform orchestrates customer interactions, connecting existing business systems with digital communications channels. Organisations that trust us to deliver smarter digital customer engagement include Hermes, Centrica, AA, O2, EE, BT, Vauxhall, Pizza Hut, Vodafone, MTN, three of the major retail banks in the UK and public-sector organisations globally.
IMImobile is headquartered in London with offices across the UK, Hyderabad, Toronto, Little Rock, Dubai and Johannesburg and has over 1,100 employees worldwide.
Who we’re after...
The ideal Lead Test Engineer here at IMImobile possesses a strong test background, excellent stakeholder management and a curious mind.
We are interested in you because you’re you and we’re pretty flexible, but there are some things that we feel really strongly about…
· Excellent Communication – You articulate your thoughts and ideas clearly as well as offer critique to those around you
· Curiosity – A spirit of enquiry and a desire to understand; why?
· Passion – Real enthusiasm and excitement for our industry and sector
· Wit – Inventive thought and quick understanding
· Teamwork – Great things are delivered by great teams, and great teams are made up of great people
· Communication – Confident and articulate in communication with the customers, partners and colleagues; both technically and non-technically
· Practical Approach – Provide a practical approach to both internal and client testing
· Rigorous Attention to Detail – A keen eye for detail to ensure test execution and test documentation is best in class
A day in the life…
As the Lead Test Engineer at IMImobile you will be working directly with IMImobile’s blue chip customer base, taking ownership of the entire QA cycle; managing interactions with the customer and offshore test team.
This is a vital position within the organisation and the successful candidate will have a pivotal role in all customer deliveries with the chance to make a significant impact on customer satisfaction and the quality of the delivery teams.
Day to day you will be required to:
· Take QA ownership of all UK project deliveries and provide status reports to the project manager
· Act as the customer point of contact for the entire Test Phase across multiple projects
· Design and author Test Plans
· Confidently interpret client requirements translating them into test cases
· Add value throughout the SDLC through effective questioning, investigation and outside the box thinking to exceed customer expectation
· Lead client discussions around the testing process during both the scoping and delivery phases
· Carry out testing on projects as required; both onsite with the customer, and offsite.
· Confidently work as part of a geographically distributed team, ensuring the testing requirement is understood by all concerned parties and changes effectively scoped, defined and executed to the required high standards expected by our customers
· Have oversight of test execution multiple projects by our offshore or 3rd party QA teams
· Manage QA risks and issues
· Support commercial teams during technical pre-sales discussions with clients and supporting RFP responses as required
· Sign-off on test cases / test execution as ready for client delivery and in line with our Change Control Process
The must haves…
· Strong QA experience in a full software development lifecycle / SDLC technology environment (Agile and/or Waterfall)
· Proven experience in a customer facing role
· Hands-on experience with testing APIs
· Experience with using POSTMAN or similar
· Confident in using JIRA or similar
· Experience of QA Complete or other similar test case management tools
· Experience with enterprise cloud products.
· Testing of high volume transactional systems
· Natural ability to analyse and resolve technical problems
· Experience and good understanding of all types of testing, black box, white box, load, security, etc
· Ability to work autonomously, a self-starter with the confidence to make own decisions
· Driving Licence (the role requires travel to and from customer sites)
The nice to haves…
· Mobile industry experience
· Strong leadership skills within role and potential to lead junior staff
· Any formal qualifications in Agile, ISEB Analysis and/or Project Management would be advantageous
Think you fit the bill?
Our people mean the world to us, and we only recruit the best. For the talents in our business, we offer great opportunities to develop with us. If you believe you tick all of the boxes, we need to talk. We’re committed to revolutionising service delivery and engagement. Are you?