Purpose of Job
IMImobile is an award-winning provider of mobile data infrastructure and mobile engagement solutions that enable operators and enterprises to build deeper, more valuable relationships with their target audiences. The company has a client base of over 100 blue chip organisations worldwide across various markets. The company employs more than 650 people in Europe, America, Asia and the Middle East & Africa and is growing rapidly. IMImobile work with multiple clients to deliver industry leading solutions using both technology and managed services along with social interaction tools.
To scale our delivery capability to meet the demands of an expanding customer pipeline, we are looking to accelerate our “Cloud First” strategy and manage the transition from data-centre to Cloud.
We are looking for an experienced Cloud/New-Tech DevOps engineer to help manage this transition within the context of continued service delivery and be a fundamental member of the service delivery team post-transition.
We are looking for an energetic and charismatic individual who has a results focus to give IMImobile that competitive edge.
Principal Accountabilities (Responsibilities and duties):
• Build and deploy product pipelines based on internal/client requirements
• Manage and take ownership of DevOps projects from inception through to production release and handover to in-life support teams
• Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors in deployments
• Help streamline the Route-To-Live for new infrastructure builds and product deployments in our Azure environments
• Perform root cause analysis for deployment errors
• Develop and maintain scripts to automate deployments
• Maintain full documentation of all client and internal environments hosted in our cloud platforms
• Track, foresee, always highlight requirements and resource
• Be aware of up and coming projects in order to foresee clashes and bottlenecks when deploying across environments
• Highlight potential issues regarding insufficient information, incorrect dates, unrealistic deadlines
Key Performance Indicators
• Effectively manage all assigned DevOps projects and tasks through to completion
• Produce full documentation packs for any additions/changes to the client environments
• Build an effective relationship between the Development and Operations teams to ensure consistency of delivery for projects
• Advancement of the internal DevOps processes and tools to meet existing and future requirements
Experience, Qualification and Technical Knowledge
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a DevOps or similar role handling environment builds and product deployments
• Excellent working knowledge of Azure platform and toolsets essential
• Excellent working knowledge of the full Microsoft stack
• Experience of Azure DevOps and Octopus deployment technologies essential
• Knowledge of networking, VPN and cloud/data-centre hybrid technologies and configuration
• Experience of configuring and managing Azure Paas/Iaas offerings (experience of similar in AWS very beneficial)
• Powershell scripting
• Experience of multiple technologies (e.g. Kafka, Docker, Cassandra, Elastic Search, Grafana, Grey log, ELK) and the transition from older technologies (VMWare, Windows Clustering, SQL Server)
• Linux experience beneficial
• Ability to balance new processes/paradigms (CI, CD, Dev Ops) with customer governance requirements throughout transition
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Works well under pressure and to tight deadlines – is calm and process-oriented
• Ability to work in a team as well as taking own initiative
• Comfortable dealing and working with colleagues from all areas of the organisation chart and throughout our global offices.