Purpose of Job
We are a fast-moving, innovative, entrepreneurial organisation and we are now looking for a Product Support Technician who will be responsible for providing support to Operations and Commercial teams for both new and existing applications and services. They will also be responsible for releasing new applications and services to the production platforms and providing training to the Operations Team. The role expects work to be undertaken from both written specifications and pre-established guidelines but also via Agile methods to perform the functions of the job and maintain documentation of process flow.
This role will work with a team of experienced analysts and business resources to support highly-performing enterprise systems that meets and exceed client needs.
There will be a requirement to work within an on-call rota.
Principal Accountabilities (responsibilities and duties):
· Handle phone calls, live chat and emailed client questions promptly and accurately, with good client relationship building
· First line diagnostics and replication of faults and appropriate escalation
· Will be responsible for gathering of information in the event of an incident and assessing impact to the services
· Maintaining communication with customers and escalating issues as per our incident management process
· Provide 2nd level support to Operations Team and IMImobile clients
· Maintain an effective documentation library of all platforms and services supported by the TSG team
· Test applications and services to identify issues/bugs prior to implementation
· Implement and refine the non-production environment
· Review and enhance the documentation passed to QA from the Development Teams in order to effectively train the Operators
· Prepare and deliver both group and individual training sessions to members of Operations Team and Commercial Team
· Deliver applications and services to the live production environments within agreed timescales
· Ensure that IMImobile has sufficient monitoring and alerting systems in place to effectively identify errors and faults.
Technology experience required:
· SQL Server/ MySQL/ MongoDB
· Apache Tomcat
· Testing & Documentation
· Microsoft Office
· Windows OS (desktop and server)/ Windows Services
Desirable experience/ knowledge:
· Mobile messaging
· AWS/ Google Cloud/ Microsoft Azure