Who are we...
www.textlocal.com is a powerful online application used by many thousands of UK businesses, services and community groups each day to keep in touch with staff & customers using SMS & MMS messages and mobile websites. We are the market leader in an incredibly high growth industry and now is the perfect time to join our team and share the rewards as we plan our global expansion and add some very exciting additions to our product line.
What we need...
We require a Tester with a passion for web technologies to join our growing team.
The primary role will be to join the Quality Assurance and Testing team to test existing and new features for all products within the Textlocal suite and bespoke development for our customers.
You will undertake automated and manual testing to ensure that the product is fit for purpose and defect free. You will also work with the business analysts and project management teams to establish test cases at the beginning of a project.
Our Messenger product is deployed in 3 countries with further expansion planned. This role therefore provides an additional challenge of testing in multiple environments and languages.
This testing will cover the full suite of Textlocal products including Messenger, our API, Email2SMS, sFTP solutions, intranet, extranet, bespoke customer work and the website.
· Establish, write and execute detailed test cases for all projects
· Running manual and automated tests
· Testing in different environments including mobile devices and browsers.
· Work with the development team to establish testing scope
· The testing will encompass the following test types:
o Regression testing
o Functional tests
o Customer scenario testing
o Stress testing
o Performance testing
o Scalability testing
· Write and update bug reports in Jira
· Experience of automated and manual testing
· Strong communication skills, written and verbal
· Strong attention to detail
· Good data management skills
· Self-government with a strong work ethic to achieve deadlines
· The ability to handle multiple projects and deliverables
Supportive and beneficial skills:
· Prior experience of working with PHP or similar languages
· Knowledge of MySQL queries and relational databases
· Experience with Jira
· Experience QA Complete
· Experience of Postman
· Experience in API testing
· Experience of working within Agile and Waterfall