An opportunity is available for a skilled SQL Server Database Analyst/Administrator to join a growing and leading software business operating as an entity within a global parent Group which works with the NHS and private medical sectors.
As our platform has grown and evolved, a requirement for a full-time database specialist has emerged. The role will be varied, challenging and critical to the on-going performance and scalability of our platform to ensure customer satisfaction.
Working with the development team, IT manager and experts from the wider Group you will have meaningful input into the solutions and infrastructure decisions and pathways which are used. In addition to the current systems you will be able to research and innovate for future projects.
• Work with the development team to design, optimise and implement SQL Server solutions for the product platform
• Engage in server management, configuration and optimisation
• Ensure that databases are functioning optimally and are scalable
• Provide suggestions for technical solutions and improvements to the current databases
• Assist with deployments to the database during software releases and updates
• Help to research and upgrade data storage stack.
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or above
• Design and implementation of database schema, stored procedures, indexes, triggers
• Management of SQL Server including server configuration, optimisation and backups
• AlwaysOn availability group experience
• Strong knowledge of current technical trends and techniques
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Performance Tuning
• Data Warehouse experience
• DevOps exposure
• Exposure to distributed search/analysis engines, e.g. Elastic stack
• SSDT and GIT
Please note that all successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check, a credit check and a Fraud Prevention database check.