Who we are…
Here at IMImobile, our vision is to help organisations embrace mobile technologies so that they can engage better with their customers in the digital world. With deployments in 60 countries, processing billions of digital touch points per month, we are a trusted vendor to blue-chip businesses around the world. Organisations are faced with barriers and complexities when trying to improve customer engagement, and via multi-channel campaigning, streamlining operations and digital revenue generation we help to break down those barriers. We are at the forefront of all that is hot is technology. This is a great opportunity to work with some of the most innovative digital solutions on the market.
Who we’re after…
The ideal MySQL DBA here at IMImobile is keen to extend their technical knowledge and create reliable solutions that improve the experience of customers and/or colleagues. We are interested in you because you’re you and we’re pretty flexible, but there are some things that we feel really strongly about…
· Excellent Communication – You articulate your thoughts and ideas clearly as well as offer critique to those around you
· Curiosity – A spirit of enquiry and a desire to understand; why?
· Passion – Real enthusiasm and excitement for our industry and sector
· Wit – Inventive thought and quick understanding
· Teamwork – Great things are delivered by great teams, and great teams are made up of great people
A day in the life…
We have bare metal and virtualised servers within our data centres and we also use cloud-based PaaS (AWS EC2) and DBaaS (AWS RDS). Working alone or collaboratively, your duties will be varied. Typical tasks could include:
· MySQL installation and configuration
· User management
· Backups and restores
· Query optimisation
· Creation of stored routines
· Performance Tuning
· Software updates and maintenance
· Service monitoring
There will be opportunities to explore related technologies according to individual project requirements.
You will be working within a team of five DBAs reporting to the DBA Team Leader, where you will be contributing to the reliable delivery of an always available, secure, performant, and consistent service which is essential for the B2C communications upon which numerous enterprises and household names rely.
Successful applicant will need to be on a on-call support rota.
The must haves…
· At least three years’ experience of MySQL (or MariaDB or Percona Server) as a DBA within a professional environment
· Familiarity with Linux/GNU utilities and bash
· Understanding of replication techniques
· The ability to produce good quality documentation
The nice to haves…
· Good scripting skills (bash, python, PHP, perl or similar)
· Knowledge of stack elements above and/or below the MySQL service
· AWS or other cloud experience
· Experience of security standards such as PCI-DSS or HIPAA
· Other database management systems
Think you fit the bill?
Our people mean the world to us, and we only recruit the best. For the talents in our business, we offer great opportunities to develop with us. If you believe you tick all the boxes, we need to talk. We’re committed to revolutionising service delivery and engagement. Are you?
Your application was submitted successfully.